Kasih Ibu Hospital provides a wide range of rehabilitation services. Our physiotherapists work in a multi-disciplinary team to give you optimum results. They can help you with:
- Relieve pain and stiffness
- Improve blood circulation
- Help fluid drain more efficiently from parts of the body
- Improve the mobility of different parts of the body
Our rehabilitation specialists can give you information and advice that improves your quality of life. They create tailed exercise plans and provide manual therapies. They use a wide range of modern equipment to restore your functions:
- Infra-red (IR) rays are electromagnetic waves, the heat energy obtained from the rays are used to relieve pain.
- Functional electrical stimulation (ES) uses low energy electrical pulses to artificially generate body movements in individuals who have been paralyzed due to injury to the central nervous system.
- Ultrasound therapy treat muscle and joint complaints is being revolutionised by this new concept. Ultrasound technology is utilised to get deep into the problem areas, helping to speed up the healing process and encourage healthy muscle growth thus reducing the risk of further injury.
- Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS) uses electric currents produced by a device to stimulate the nerves for therapeutic purposes. Amongst other things, this can be used to relieve pain.
- Extracorporeal shockwave therapy (ESWT) is a treatment mostly used to treat kidney stones and in physical therapy and orthopaedics.
- Traction for cervical and lumbar to straighten broken bones or relieving pressure on the spine and skeletal system.
- Short wave diathermy (SWD) an effective method of pain relief. It reduce inflammation, so it is great for arthritis, fibrositis, myositis, rheumatism bursitis, capsulitis, strains and sprains as well as generalised pain.
Our experienced team will work out a personalised plan for your recovery or maintenance of your condition. For more information, please call 081 1355-0303.